Thursday, May 16, 2013

Castle - Season 5 "Castle Proposes"



When I first started watching Castle it was on TV here in the middle east and it was season two. Of course with our eternal delay, season 4 was airing in the US at that time. Being the ultimate curious monkey, i skipped the TV episodes and watched season 4 online.

I instantly fell in love with Castle, his charm, mystery, smarts, and of course the looks ;) I also loved Kate, Ryan, Espo, Lainey, all of the cast.

I kept watching the show until the finale of season 4 and then started from the beginning. I can't tell you how the few months of break passed  for me.. I mean c'mon, season 4 finale?! it was SCARY!!!

Watching season 5 was very interesting cause for the first time I was watching knowing all the history.

So, now we talk about the finale…

Few weeks earlier, speculations hovered regarding Kate and Castle’s long term relationship. Ever since then I was praying he proposes in the end of the season and he did..YAY!!!

When that job thing appeared it was quite obvious how things will go, or at least I expected it being an addict and all. It was also expected that the finale will be discrete but not as dramatic as last season. So, how to intrigue fans and tease them a little bit but don’t kill them of shock..again!

Kate takes the interview but doesn’t tell Castle..that B**** :@ and then he knows and they are both confronted with the truth of their relationship. Kate talks to Lainey and her dad, Castle talks to his mom and the both make decisions. The finale only gives away what Castle decided when he gives the AWESOME speech in the same place where it all started..the swing at the park *sigh*

Kate’s decision doesn’t come out this season and to be honest I was sure she was headed to D.C. until that interrogation room scene when she says this room is her home! She also doesn’t answer Castle sweet romantic question. Though I cut her some slack for hesitation, I mean at first I thought he was breaking up with her until he went down on his knee before that he had such a break up face I almost cried :’(

Generally, I think the episode was perfect. The murder case was nicely closed, there a Beckett father-daughter scene, there the Castle-Beckett fight scene –totally hot ;) – and there the EPIC proposal scene. What more can we ask for?!

 5 Stars for Castle season five finale ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment