Friday, May 17, 2013

Arrow - Season One "Tommy Dies"


I should write this in the end but instead, I’m  gonna start with it; I’m writing this after seeing all the finales of my favorite shows – except Hawaii five-O – and Arrow’s in my absolute favorite.

Arrow is a new show, and before it I didn’t know or like any of the actors in it. But, from the very first episode I was captured by the amazing story, and –to be honest- the extremely tremendously totally completely hot and handsome Stephen Amell ;)

The story centered about the green hooded archer “arrow” played by Stephen and his survival story. The show has a very awesome story line with great potential for many seasons to come and also very beautiful cast to whom I became a huge fan and shipper.

The final episode of the season wraps the speculations about the undertaking and holds the ultimate show down between the green hood and the black archer; Queen vs Merlyn; good vs evil.

The finale is so awesome that there’s absolutely nothing missing in there; we have the mother-son confrontation between Oliver and Moira, Oliver – Tommy pick scene, Oliver – Laurel awesome kissing scene, Speedy – Roy intimate save my life scene, the super hero club meeting between Ole, Diggle, and Felicity, Laurel’s dad finally accepting the hood to be a hero, bomb scene, and of course the show down between the hood and the black archer.
The earthquake actually makes more sense than if they had dismantled the bomb and saved the day. They warned the people of the glades, contained the damage, but there was a bit of on the edge of danger sort of thing. Also, Tommy goes to save laurel when the hood was otherwise engaged and he sacrifices his life for his love but also for redemption.
The question remains about Ole and Laurel’s relationship, Queen consolidated’s future after Moira’s arrest, and what the hood will do with his life once the undertaking is out of the picture.. yes lots of potential for the show!

I cannot seem to find any thing missing or even semi perfect about the finale, it has been a pleasure watching it and I can’t wait to see season two.

Totally earns 5 stars, if not more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment